Another brilliant work from BBR Saatchi & Saatchi worth mentioning. This campaign allows Hummus Alcha, Israel’s No.2 packaged hummus brand to reach out to larger group of people through real product testing. But done tastefully with a great consumer experience. One of the key formulas that is has been used since the 90s involved the idea of giving people something without telling them first and then revealed the secret to the magic only to their astonishment. This gives the brand a chance to reach out to the audience, avoiding prejudice, criticisms and any comparison competition. The brand opened Avi’s Hummus, an authentic-looking hummus restaurant to get people talking about it. It attracted a lot of diners and started the idea of “pay by taste”. Diners were asked to pay according to how much they think the meal deserved. This caught a lot of attention including the media and it soon went viral. After two weeks, the stunt was exposed to the people and launched on TV, print and internet as well as social media revealing the actual formula to this well received hummus restuarant. Indeed, another excellent delivery by BBR Saatchi & Saatchi.
Adage published an article about how HTC intends to market its up and coming phone – the HTC First. With an interesting tagline tied to campaign launch; “Everything Your Phone Isn’t”. I personally love how bold this declaration is. It for once targets a segment of audience who would love to be different and experimental. Imagine the hardcore die hard fans of Apple iPhones trying to make the switch. These days, having an iPhone is actually ‘safe’ rather than ‘different’. The article also highlights how HTC plan to market the phone and in a phrase by phrase manner, it is actually very concise and HTC’s VP-Marketing Ms Erin McGee is poised on making this possible.
She mentioned an addenda of efficacious marketing strategies that aroused my interest. Here are some of the essential ones that I would like to share:
Define Target Audience
1. She showed that HTC’s preferred Target Audience are the moniker for tech-savvy, early-adopting millennials.
2. Teaming up with hi-end audio equipment manufacturer Beats as well as concert production company, Live Nation. This provides the HTC phones with extremely powerful sound system that renders the S4s’ inferior.
3. HTC One’s ads will now be taken TTL (Through the Line) from print seamlessly to digital.
Strategic Media Planning
4. Ms. McGee has also did her homework on the behaviours and preferences of her desired target audience. She added that they are movie-goers. With that, she would target her ads at theaters for a great impact. A great strategy she had used that I felt would be extremely effective is her strategic placement of ads to advertise during “irreverent, edgy TV programming” such as Adult Swim, a comedy block under Turner’s Cartoon Network.
5. Ms. McGee has also tie in celebrity like rapper Pharrell in New York City and indie rock band Grouplove in Chicago.
I think these are pretty much well thought of marketing approaches. I believe one of the greater effects that should also complement this marketing campaign would be the use of Social Media marketing. Having more influencers and raising profiles with tech blogs will definitely go a further mile.
Shawn quoted two extremely high profile campaigns that fully mastered the art of integration between online and offline as well as physical and digital. My forte in creative lies in doing integrated marketing campaigns. It has always been my passion to help brands leverage on the existing platforms and with one solid marketing message, create a multi channel marketing campaign. Integrated advertising and marketing places consumers in the center of the entire brand experience. It is so powerful that it can directly influence the purchasing decisions of a consumer.